Make your party area magical with these ideas for party decorations:
* Create easy centerpieces! Set one top hat upside-down on each table of the party area. Place a stuffed rabbit in one. Tie brightly-colored scarves together and attach one end inside the hat and the other end to the ceiling. Fill another hat with crinkle paper.
* Make oversized playing cards by drawing hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs, and numbers with black and red markers on rectangles of white poster board.
* Tie groups of balloons together and tie them to the backs of chairs. Anchor them with balloon weights and put them near doorways or at the corners of the party area.
* Scatter loose playing cards on tables and windowsills.
* Cut star burst shapes out of dark purple, blue and black construction paper and write magical sayings on them with metallic gold and silver markers. Use words such as “Abracadabra”, “Hocus Pocus”, “Presto Change-O”, and “Alacazam”. Hang these around the party area.
* Hang a banner over the entrance way to the party that says, “Say the Magic Words to Enter [your birthday child]’s Party!” (Add the “magic words” to the invitations so your guests will know what to say. “Open Sesame” works well.) You can create a personalized party banner for your party.